From: BrianG <briang000@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: confusion with string initialization
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:26:26 -0400
Date: 2010-04-28T09:26:26-04:00	[thread overview]

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> J-P. Rosen wrote:
>> Because it makes lisibility a lot better by drawing attention of the
>> reader on what actually the thing does, and getting rid of useless
>> information that you can find easily by clicking on the identifier and
>> selecting "go to declaration".

> But simply referring the students to a "go to declaration" feature in
> their editors might also be a solution, once the code is in an editor.

And (depending on the editor) once it has been compiled, or even is able
to be compiled.

A middle ground might be to limit yourself to a single use - then you
know where something is from, if it's not obvious.

Personally, I prefer a renames if I want to declutter the code (once
you've reached that, if you're teaching).

--Brian