From: Manuel Collado <m.collado@domain.invalid>
Subject: Re: Ada help file indexed by keyword
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:34:34 +0200
Date: 2010-04-21T12:34:34+02:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta escribi�:
> Manuel Collado wrote on comp.lang.ada:
>> I'm looking for an Ada95/2005 help or reference document indexed by
>> keyword (reserved word or standard library identifier).
>>
>> The purpose is to integrate it into an academic IDE, so it should be
>> possible to put the cursor in the editing window over a meaningful word,
>> and invoke help about it.
>>
>> So far I've found the ARM in several formats, but none of them can be
>> accessed as described. There is also the Ada wikibook, that also lacks
>> the required feature. Even GNAT/GPS seems to lack it.
>>
>> Any common hiperlinked format is acceptable: WinHelp, HTML (local or
>> www), PDF, TexInfo, etc..
>>
>> Does anybody knows if there exist such help system for Ada?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Is http://www.stephe-leake.org/ada/arm.html what you are looking for?

Thanks for your pointer, but I'm afraid not.

The requirement is something that can be opened from the command line by
a command parameterized by the relevant keyword. Can you provide such a
command?

For instance, to get help about the keyword "for", something like:

   info -f arm2005.info xxx yyy for

Thanks, anyway.
--
Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado