From: Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Mac Link Undefined Symbols glDispatchCompute, glBindImageTexture and glMemoryBarrier
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:49:29 -0400
Date: 2019-10-24T12:49:29-04:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 03:43:28 -0700 (PDT), Jere <jhb.chat@gmail.com>
declaimed the following:

>Since these are not forum posts, you cannot just delete them.  They are
>emails that get sent out as soon as you "post".  You can delete some
>emails from showing up on google groups, but they still go out
>after you send them and if an archive site catches them, they will be
>archived somewhere else on the web.  Hope that helps!

	More than that -- I'm accessing this as a Usenet Newsgroup
(comp.lang.ada) which distributes posts to peer servers. NNTP does support
a delete command, which can be forwarded to those peer servers -- but most
servers will not honor deletes (too easy for spoofers to delete posts from
someone they don't like).

	In the old days, news servers tended to expire articles rather fast
(When I started, Netcom expired text groups at around 30-days, and binary
groups expired in three days, if not two [miss a day and you lost a lot of
binary posts). I currently use Giganews (Netcom -> Mindspring -> Earthlink:
and Earthlink subcontracted to Giganews, so when I lost my Earthlink DSL in
a move I had to pay for my own news account [I still pay Earthlink a token
to maintain my old email addresses, but also lost my old static web page
sites]). Giganews claims 16+ years for text, and 3+ years for binaries.

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/