From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Cairo Bindings now added to Gnoga
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:18:22 +0100
Date: 2014-10-28T17:18:22+01:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:07:31 -0700 (PDT), David Botton wrote:

> I've adopted the Cairo bindings from GtkAda for Gnoga.
>
> This adds in a quick instant tons of functionality for vector graphics.
> This of course is a great fit since Cairo will produce SVG in addition to
> PNG and PDFs so a really great fit.
>
> I'll be adding a thicker layer to it for easier use in general and for Gnoga.
>
> Cairo libs are usually installed already on Linux, for Mac I use home brew
> - brew install cairo and brew install libsvg-cairo for Windows install
> GtkAda even though not dependant on it, it installs all the needed libs
> for cairo.

This looks very interesting, though I don't understand the architecture of
it, as Cairo uses the native rendering backend. Presently it is Windows GDI
or else X11. I had a, possibly wrong, impression that Gnoda rather uses
browser for rendering.

Making it a bit more concrete, can you use this:

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/aicwl.htm

from Gnoda? All widgets there are Cairo-based. [Actually all GTK is
Cairo-based since the version 3.0.]

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov