From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Strange story with Ada validation
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 20:44:33 -0600
Date: 2010-02-09T20:44:33-06:00	[thread overview]

"Hibou57 (Yannick Duch�ne)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
news:f7a8df87-84c4-474d-86e9-322714169b2a@u9g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
>On 9 f�v, 01:54, "Randy Brukardt" <ra...@rrsoftware.com> wrote:
>> But note that no one is formally doing these any
>> more; the major value of the process is the existence of the test suite
>> and
>> the fact that compilers follow it.
>Yes, I was indeed wondering about it. There was this article, and the
>words about required ACATS updates coming with some Ada 2005 Issues.
>This was looking strange to me : an article stating there was no
>validation next to Ada 95, and the ACATS seeming in very good health
>and applying to Ada 2005.

Probably that is best summed up as "you can't believe everything you read on
the Internet"! I suspect that you can find someone claiming that the earth
is flat if you look long enough. :-)

There was at one point a page somewhere on the net that claimed "Ada is
Dead!". That was something like 10 years ago now, so I think it was somewhat
premature. :-)

                                 Randy.