From: hirasuna@acm.org (Michael Hirasuna)
Subject: Re: All About ActivAda for Windows
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 1995 18:59:58 -0500
Date: 1995-02-08T18:59:58-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <3ham7m$nko@maverick.tad.eds.com>, PLSBSS01.jdusek@eds.com wrote:

> When will this product be available and how much will it cost?

I got my copy (ver. 5.1.3) about four months ago. I paid about $1000.

The project I hoped to used it on was cancelled, so I don't have too much
experience with it. But there are at least two potential "got-yas"

1) The documentation seems to say that a floating-point coprocessor is
absolutely necessary for execution if any floating point operations are
used.

2) The way the libraries are configured, it seems that Ada tasking is not
possible when using WIN32 calls.

I sent E-mail to Alsys to get a clarification of these concerns, but I got
no straight answers. Maybe someone from Alsys can answer these concern by
replying to this thread.

--
Michael Hirasuna    |  hirasuna@acm.org