From: Jeff Creem <jcreem@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Eclipse Ada Support - FYI
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:20:02 -0500
Date: 2005-11-26T17:20:02-05:00	[thread overview]

Alex Xela wrote:
> I would like to comment on one assertion: "Still none that are publically
> available". It is not true as the Aonix plug-in has been available now for 2
> months, is available on Linux and Windows, and is used on actual projects.
>
> It is free when used with ObjectAda and one version for GNAT is also
> available. Even if the plug-in is enhanced every day, the current versions
> are of industrial quality and perfectly usable for real Ada developments.

Yes. I did not choose my words carefully enough. I meant publically
available in terms to imply that all people on this list could just go
and download it for free. (or simply type in a credit card and pay for
it for that matter).

ObjectAda is like many other products targeted at the giants. If you are
a home user, even if you have the money to spend, you can't figure out
how to spend it (or what the cost is) without dealing with some sales
staff. Not really a knock on anonix. It is pretty standard for all
things targetting "the enterpruse" that even the people who make the
product recommendations can't get a reasonable story on cost,
availability, licensing, etc without talking to someone.

Of course I could be missing the point of your e-mail. If there is a URL
for a version that can either be downloaded for free or for which I can
type in a credit card and buy it, it would be nice to know as this is
one of the better kept secrets in the world of Ada as far as I can tell.