* Gnat and Maemo
@ 2009-11-15 16:37 Michael Bode
From: Michael Bode @ 2009-11-15 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

How difficult would it be to start programming in Ada for the Maemo
platform? I understand one would need a cross compiler to the armel
target and the gnat runtime for armel and somehow include that in the
(Debian based) Maemo SDK. Is anyone working on this?

--
Zensurfreie DNS-Server: 85.214.73.63
oder: http://www.ccc.de/censorship/dns-howto/#how-tos

* Re: Gnat and Maemo
@ 2009-11-15 22:56 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-11-15 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Bode wrote:
> How difficult would it be to start programming in Ada for the Maemo
> platform? I understand one would need a cross compiler to the armel
> target and the gnat runtime for armel and somehow include that in the
> (Debian based) Maemo SDK. Is anyone working on this?

Laurent Guerby and others are working on enhancing GNAT so that it
supports arm and armel as a target.  Unfortunately, only SJLJ
exception handling works at the moment and SJLJ is both very slow and
non-standard on that architecture; the EABI mandates ZCX.  See the
threads stating at:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-08/msg00192.html

It is not ready for use yet.  I'm sure they'll welcome help.

--
Ludovic Brenta.