From: Manuel Collado <m.collado@invalid.domain>
Subject: Re: GPL license version of GNAT GPL
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:19:52 +0100
Date: 2009-10-29T23:19:52+01:00	[thread overview]

Maciej Sobczak escribió:
> ... If you have two
> libraries (like GNAT runtime and my library) with different licenses,
> then obviously the whole program cannot have the same license as each
> of its dependants at the same time.
> Again, please refer to the FSF webpage.
> Interestingly, they don't consider it to be a problem...

Probably because in fact there is no problem. License terms differs, but
the Copyright notice says:

"GNAT is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option) any later
version...."

And similarly for previous GNAT versions under *GPLv2-or-later*.

So if you have a mixture of GPLv2 and GPLv3 libraries with such
copyright notices you can legally distribute the bundle under GPLv3 (or
later)

Just my 2c.
--
Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado