From: Jean-Pierre Rosen <rosen@adalog.fr>
Subject: Re: Profiling GNAT programs with gprof
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:22:59 +0200
Date: 2005-06-08T09:22:59+02:00	[thread overview]

Marius Amado Alves a �crit :
> I also have experienced erroneous Gprof results. Functions *never*
> called listed as called. I gave up on Gprof. Sorry not being of help.
> Just telling my experience. Next time I need profiling I think I'll try
> another tool e.g. RootCause, or instrument my code. Good luck to you
> with Gprof.

I had obviously wrong results with gprof both with tasking and
non-tasking programs, and I gave up using it.

<PLUG>
Note that if you just want to time some procedure calls (not full
profiling), you can use the facilities from Debug.Timing package,
available as part of Adalog's Debug package.
See http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm
</PLUG>

            J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)