* Re: Security Pack
       [not found] <mailman.38.1049230017.20696.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>
@ 2003-04-01 21:14 ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2003-04-01 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Once again, this patch is riddled with viruses.

@ 2003-04-02  8:59 ` Karel Miklav
From: Karel Miklav @ 2003-04-02  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I install this patch? I'd like to repair my Outlook and Word so
I'm clicking on patch.exe over and over but nothing happens...

Regards from a happy MS user :)

* Re: Security Pack
@ 2003-04-02 14:24   ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2003-04-02 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Karel Miklav" <karel@inetis.spppambait.com> wrote in message
> How do I install this patch? I'd like to repair my Outlook and Word so
> I'm clicking on patch.exe over and over but nothing happens...

Trust me, you do not want to install this patch! First of all, this is not
really from Microsoft. A quick look at the return address r the organization
(ENST, France) will confirm this. As my anti-virus software confirms, this
patch is infected with viruses. Most likely, this was posted by a hacker who
is using this patch as a "Trojan Horse" in order to break into various
systems.

If you had problems installing this patch, perhaps it was due to you
anti-virus software (and if you don't have anti-virus software, get it now!)
At any rate, I would not recommend executing this patch on any PC that you
plan to use again.

For the real patches from Microsoft, visit the website
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com. From there, you can find out which
updates and patches your system needs. All downloads from this site are
free.

* Re: Security Pack
@ 2003-04-03  7:00     ` Karel Miklav
From: Karel Miklav @ 2003-04-03  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank J. Lhota wrote:
> "Karel Miklav" <karel@inetis.spppambait.com> wrote in message
>>How do I install this patch? I'd like to repair my Outlook and Word so
>>I'm clicking on patch.exe over and over but nothing happens...
>
> Trust me, you do not want to install this patch! First of all, this is not
> really from Microsoft. A quick look at the return address r the organization
> (ENST, France) will confirm this. As my anti-virus software confirms, this
> patch is infected with viruses. Most likely, this was posted by a hacker who
> is using this patch as a "Trojan Horse" in order to break into various
> systems.

Frank, this was a joke. Sorry but I have to post something from time to
time :) I hope all the angry people have filtered out this thread long
time ago...

Regards,
Karel Miklav