From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [GNAT commercial USE] -- can i use GNAT to develop a closed source commercial application ?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:42:23 GMT
Date: 2003-08-15T03:42:23+00:00	[thread overview]

So long as your closed source commercial compiler does not include elements
of the GNAT compiler or compilation tools.

The libraries included with GNAT are covered by the GMGPL (Gnat modified
GPL) which specically permits you to link your code against the libraries
and distribute the result.

Disclaimer: The above describes my understanding of the licensing associated
with GNAT.  Don't take my word for it.  I am not a lawyer.  Read the GPL
(which covers GNAT) and the GMGPL, which you'll find in the headers of the
GNAT library modules.

If you have deep enough pockets to afford a support contract from ACT,
please purchase one.  You will not regret it.  The last time I checked,
which was quite some time ago, it was $12K for 10 developer seats for a
year.  A bargain for the level of support they provide.

Steve
(The Duck)