* Trying to install GTKAda on Ubuntu
@ 2009-09-25 20:17 Alex
From: Alex @ 2009-09-25 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Trying to install GTKAda on Ubuntu 9.04 from the source downloaded from
librecore.

"./configure" seems OK
"make" seems OK
"make install" produces the following error:
gnatmake -Pgtkada_src -u -fPIC -XBUILD=Production -XOPENGL=True -
XGNOME=False -XGLADE=True
make[1]: gnatmake: Command not found

Does anybody have any ideas?

I've also tried installing gtkada with Synaptic package manager but it
complains about a conflict with package zenity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I've been fighting this for ages!

Cheers

* Re: Trying to install GTKAda on Ubuntu
@ 2009-09-25 20:51 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-09-25 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> Trying to install GTKAda on Ubuntu 9.04 from the source downloaded from
> librecore.
>
> "./configure" seems OK
> "make" seems OK
> "make install" produces the following error:
> gnatmake -Pgtkada_src -u -fPIC -XBUILD=Production -XOPENGL=True -
> XGNOME=False -XGLADE=True
> make[1]: gnatmake: Command not found
>
> Does anybody have any ideas?

No idea why gnatmake seems to have disappeared between "make" and
"make install".

> I've also tried installing gtkada with Synaptic package manager but it
> complains about a conflict with package zenity.

Upgrade to Debian testing.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Trying to install GTKAda on Ubuntu
@ 2009-09-25 21:53 ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2009-09-25 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex wrote:
> Trying to install GTKAda on Ubuntu 9.04 from the source downloaded from
> librecore.
>
> "./configure" seems OK
> "make" seems OK
> "make install" produces the following error:
> gnatmake -Pgtkada_src -u -fPIC -XBUILD=Production -XOPENGL=True -
> XGNOME=False -XGLADE=True
> make[1]: gnatmake: Command not found
>
> Does anybody have any ideas?

IIRC, configure and make may be run as a normal user, but "make install" has to
be run as su. If you did it like that, perhaps the your path includes gnatmake
and root's path doesn't.

--
Jeff Carter
"You cheesy lot of second-hand electric donkey-bottom biters."

* Re: Trying to install GTKAda on Ubuntu
@ 2009-09-26 19:07   ` Alex
From: Alex @ 2009-09-26 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:53:37 -0700, Jeffrey R. Carter wrote:

> Alex wrote:
>> Trying to install GTKAda on Ubuntu 9.04 from the source downloaded from
>> librecore.
>>
>> "./configure" seems OK
>> "make" seems OK
>> "make install" produces the following error: gnatmake -Pgtkada_src -u
>> -fPIC -XBUILD=Production -XOPENGL=True - XGNOME=False -XGLADE=True
>> make[1]: gnatmake: Command not found
>>
>> Does anybody have any ideas?
>
> IIRC, configure and make may be run as a normal user, but "make install"
> has to be run as su. If you did it like that, perhaps the your path
> includes gnatmake and root's path doesn't.

Ahhhh I hadn't thought of that - I had been typing "sudo make install"
but I'll fiddle with the PATH and see if that works.

Thanks for the advice (Ludovic too)

* Re: Trying to install GTKAda on Ubuntu
@ 2009-10-10 19:37     ` Alex
From: Alex @ 2009-10-10 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 19:07:41 +0000, Alex wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:53:37 -0700, Jeffrey R. Carter wrote:
>
>> Alex wrote:
>>> Trying to install GTKAda on Ubuntu 9.04 from the source downloaded
>>> from librecore.
>>>
>>> "./configure" seems OK
>>> "make" seems OK
>>> "make install" produces the following error: gnatmake -Pgtkada_src -u
>>> -fPIC -XBUILD=Production -XOPENGL=True - XGNOME=False -XGLADE=True
>>> make[1]: gnatmake: Command not found
>>>
>>> Does anybody have any ideas?
>>
>> IIRC, configure and make may be run as a normal user, but "make
>> install" has to be run as su. If you did it like that, perhaps the your
>> path includes gnatmake and root's path doesn't.
>
> Ahhhh I hadn't thought of that - I had been typing "sudo make install"
> but I'll fiddle with the PATH and see if that works.
>
> Thanks for the advice (Ludovic too)

Back of the net!

Thanks Jeff - that was it exactly. My user PATH had /usr/bin/gnat in it
but root's didn't.

Thanks you so much for your help - I have really been tearing my hair out
with this.