From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Re: Fourier
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 23:53:06 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2009-07-17T23:53:06+00:00	[thread overview]

>I look for general N, simple to use, basic to analyse data energy
>coherence.
  I use a Glassman algorithm version.  It's fast for highly composite
N (eg, powers of 2), but slow for prime sizes.  For FFTing images, that
could be very slow indeed, so I use a companion utility to find the
operation count for each K in N ..  N+20 to see if a small extension of
the data will substantially speed things up.