* To program RS-485
@ 2007-07-03 14:25 Beh Kheng-Yin
From: Beh Kheng-Yin @ 2007-07-03 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Does anyone have the experience in programming RS-485? I need some
ideas. Thanks.

* Re: To program RS-485
@ 2007-07-04  3:26 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2007-07-04  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Beh Kheng-Yin" <AlliRaph@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have the experience in programming RS-485? I need some
> ideas. Thanks.

More information needed.

Are you looking for a project for school?

Are you trying to write an Ada program that communicates with a device using
RS-485 and need help?

Are you trying to implement a low level serial driver on a microcontroller?

Please give a better description of what you're looking for.

Regards,
Steve
(The Duck)

* Re: To program RS-485
@ 2007-07-04  4:08   ` Beh Kheng-Yin
From: Beh Kheng-Yin @ 2007-07-04  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jul 4, 11:26 am, "Steve" <nospam_steve...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Beh Kheng-Yin" <AlliR...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > Does anyone have the experience in programmingRS-485? I need some
> > ideas. Thanks.
>
> More information needed.
>
> Are you looking for a project for school?
>
> Are you trying to write an Ada program that communicates with a device usingRS-485and need help?
>
> Are you trying to implement a low level serial driver on a microcontroller?
>
> Please give a better description of what you're looking for.
>
> Regards,
> Steve
> (The Duck)

Hi,

Yes, I am working on my Automation course project. I need to write an
Ada program to communicate with a microcontroller network via RS-485.
I am a beginner and I haven't a clue how to program it, any idea?

Thanks and Regards,
Allison Beh

* Re: To program RS-485
@ 2007-07-04 10:06     ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2007-07-04 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Beh Kheng-Yin wrote:
> On Jul 4, 11:26 am, "Steve" <nospam_steve...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> "Beh Kheng-Yin" <AlliR...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Hi,
>>> Does anyone have the experience in programmingRS-485? I need some
>>> ideas. Thanks.
>> More information needed.
>>
>> Are you looking for a project for school?
>>
>> Are you trying to write an Ada program that communicates with a device usingRS-485and need help?
>>
>> Are you trying to implement a low level serial driver on a microcontroller?
>>
>> Please give a better description of what you're looking for.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steve
>> (The Duck)
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, I am working on my Automation course project. I need to write an
> Ada program to communicate with a microcontroller network via RS-485.
> I am a beginner and I haven't a clue how to program it, any idea?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Allison Beh

Keep going....You want to communicate with a microcontroller network but
what is your code running on? Windows, Linux, an RTOS? A microcontroller
itself?

Are you actually trying to write a device driver for RS-485, interface
to a device driver? Find a particularly well supported piece of hardware?