* Using Win32Com with Ada
@ 2009-05-18 10:59 cedric
From: cedric @ 2009-05-18 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

I would like to use the Win32Com interface in Ada. Can anybody give me
a hint how to do it and where to find information about it?

Cedric

* Re: Using Win32Com with Ada
@ 2009-05-18 15:32 ` Petter
From: Petter @ 2009-05-18 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just got the advise to wait for GNAT GPL 2009, maybe you should
aswell.

Some time ago I tried to get GNATCOM working, but I failed.

* Re: Using Win32Com with Ada
@ 2009-05-18 19:45   ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2009-05-18 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Petter:

> Some time ago I tried to get GNATCOM working, but I failed.

It could be the same problem as GWindows: it works, but the installer
doesn't on recent GNATs, so you need a pre-built source and tool set
(*). A workaround is to build it with GNAT 3.15p, then use the stuff
with any newer GNAT (for GWindows, this trick works through 2008 GPL at
least).
___
(*) or be patient: the repackaging of GNATCOM and GWindows are in
progress; perhaps the svn version is usable.
Gautier's Ada programming -- http://sf.net/users/gdemont/

* Re: Using Win32Com with Ada
@ 2009-05-19  3:17     ` Hang Xie
From: Hang Xie @ 2009-05-19  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm doing some migration from VC to GNAT, and writing my own binding of
DirectShow (pure COM based) is not that hard.

Someone should compose a tool to convert C header files to GNAT's ads, I'm
just lazy doing so as I've done more of my jobs manually ...

-Hang

"Gautier" <gautier@fakeaddress.nil> wrote in message
> Petter:
>
>> Some time ago I tried to get GNATCOM working, but I failed.
>
> It could be the same problem as GWindows: it works, but the installer
> doesn't on recent GNATs, so you need a pre-built source and tool set (*).
> A workaround is to build it with GNAT 3.15p, then use the stuff with any
> newer GNAT (for GWindows, this trick works through 2008 GPL at least).
> ___
> (*) or be patient: the repackaging of GNATCOM and GWindows are in
> progress; perhaps the svn version is usable.
> Gautier's Ada programming -- http://sf.net/users/gdemont/
> NB: For a direct answer, e-mail address on the Web site!

* Re: Using Win32Com with Ada
@ 2009-05-19  3:53       ` Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2009-05-19  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is currently part of GNATPro
just "g++ -c blaa.h -fdump-ada-spec" or "gcc -c blaa.h -fdump-ada-spec"
and out comes blaa_h.ads.
Suppose that wil be part of GNAT GPL 2000
/Per

@ 2009-05-29 15:40         ` Hang Xie
From: Hang Xie @ 2009-05-29 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems -fdump-ada-spec does not work quite well with header files come
with Windows SDK - does anyone have any good experience to share?
Specifically, I was trying to roll out DirectShow specification but
encountered way too many errors.

I haven't tried yet but I assume it works fine on *nix or header files
targeting gcc, anyway Windows is just 2nd (maybe 3rd) tier platform for
most open source projects.

-Hang