From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: bibtex entry for Ada standards
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 17:46:07 -0500
Date: 2009-05-26T17:46:07-05:00	[thread overview]

"Dirk Craeynest" <dirk@heli.cs.kuleuven.be> wrote in message
news:gvemq0$k0$1@ikarus.fw.belnet.be...
> In article
> <f7e8d530-65c4-482a-a14c-57adc4cbdebf@r31g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
> qunying  <zhu.qunying@gmail.com> wrote:
>>I am writing a LaTeX document that will refer to the Ada83/95
>>standards, but not sure how to defined the bibtex entry for it, [...]
>
> Information on printed copies of Ada Reference Manuals and various
> related documents is available on the Ada-Europe web-site at URL
> <http://www.ada-europe.org/manuals.html>.
>
> You may know that (among others) all successive Ada Reference Manuals have
> been published in Springer's LNCS series, most of them on the initiative
> of Ada-Europe.  As these LNCS editions are the main source for printed
> copies, it seems best to include references to those publications in
> your bibliography: that's what most recent papers do.

An alternative, of course, is to reference the official ISO/IEC standards.
(They don't have authors, either.)

For Ada 95, that would be ISO/IEC 8652:1995(E), Information technology -
Programming languages - Ada.

To get to Ada 2005, you need the Corrigendum and Amendment as well:

ISO/IEC 8652:1995/Cor.1:2001(E), Information technology - Programming
languages - Ada - Technical Corrigendum 1.

ISO/IEC 8652:1995/AMD 1:2007(E), Information technology - Programming
languages - Ada - Amendment 1.

I don't have the exact title of the 1987 standard handy (that is Ada 83; it
wasn't made an ISO standard until much later as is evident from the date).
It would be something like ISO/IEC 8652:1987(E), Information technology -
Programming languages - Ada, but as there were some nomenclature changes
over the years, it might be slightly different.

                                          Randy.