From: Ivan Levashew <octagram@bluebottle.com>
Subject: Re: Ada and Windows COM
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:24:06 +0700
Date: 2009-04-16T18:24:06+07:00	[thread overview]

Tim Rowe wrote:

> Is there any (free!) way of using MS Windows COM from Ada? I've looked
> at GNATCOM, but that won't build with the current version of gnat. The
> community says that they're working on it, but there's no news on when
> it will be fixed so I could do with an alternative.
>
> TIA,
>
> Tim Rowe

There should be done two fixes: first, remove "-gnatg" from Makefiles.
Second, search and replace "GNATCOM.Interface" to "GNATCOM.COM_Interface"

IIRC it was enough.

There is one problem, however: Win32API is indeniably harded to use in
Ada compared to using WinAPI in Delphi, the same goes to GNATCOM. I have
impression that the one who designed these binding generator have
primarily used C++ (not counting Ada) and didn't have experience working
with Delphi. As a consequence, GNATCOM is as hard to use as it is to use
COM in C++.

At least, GNATCOM exists.

--
If you want to get to the top, you have to start at the bottom