From: Alex <false_email@dontwantspam.com>
Subject: Re: Gnat GPL dotnet
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 19:03:22 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2009-04-01T19:03:22+00:00	[thread overview]

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 01:05:00 -0700, Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> Alex wrote on comp.lang.ada
>> Has anybody used the dotnet Gnat GPL version? I'm trying to compile a
>> project with it and I get an error message saying the import pragma for
>> mssyst.object does not refer to a subprogram or object.
>>
>> Has anybody had any similar experiences?
>
> Please show your code and the exact error message. I suspect you have a
> pragma Import for a subprogram but forgot to declare that subprogram.

Ludovic

Thanks for the reply. Basically an RTFM problem. I was getting messages
about not finding mssyst.ads and so I used the file that comes with mgnat
(http://asharp.martincarlisle.com/) to get around this. After reading the
manual I generated a new mssyst.ads using cil2ada - this worked OK then.

Basically I was trying to mix mgnat with the dotnet version of GPS /
gnat. Now that I'm just using the dotnet version of GPS / Gnat it works
OK. However I am finding that I have to run dotnet-gnatmake from the
commmand line - GPS runs gnatmake.

Does anybody know how I can get GPS to call dotnet-gnatmake instead of
the regular gnatmake?

Thanks for anybody that can help iron out this last problem. It does work
from the command line though so it's not a major worry.

Cheers

Alex