From: invalid@domain.invalid
Subject: Build gcc-ada on/for Solaris x86_64?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:22:19 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2009-03-27T13:22:19+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I would like to be able to use gcc ada on my Solaris 10 Intel box. I
did some preliminary checking and it doesn't look like a trivial
undertaking.

I'm wondering if any of the participants in comp.lang.ada have done
this or anything similar.

I have gcc 3.4.x running on the Solaris box from Sun's Companion CD but
it was not built with Ada support.

I have 64 and 32 bit Linux boxes both running gcc 4.2.4 with
Ada. Maybe it's simple (!) to build a cross target from this system?

I read somewhere that the gcc ada version isn't necessarily the same
as the gcc version. Is there a reason why I can't use 4.2.4 Ada on a
gcc 3.4 base. Is gccada at the 3.4 level worth having?

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks,

Wolf