From: Ivan Levashew <octagram@bluebottle.com>
Subject: Re: Unchecked_Union with empty variant
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:21:02 +0600
Date: 2009-03-17T13:21:02+06:00	[thread overview]

GNAT supported Unchecked_Union in Ada 95 mode. UU wasn't in Ada 95
standard, and GNAT could only handle pure union (without declarative
part). Ada 2005 allowed declarative parts.

I have a theory that GNAT developers allowed declarative parts but
forgot to disable restriction applicable to records meant to be union
mirrors.

Anyway I have to deal with current tools so I defined several Union_n
subtypes.

--
If you want to get to the top, you have to start at the bottom