From: Christian Gottschalk <sirius27@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: GPS and GNATbench problem...
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 17:40:55 +0100
Date: 2009-03-15T17:40:55+01:00	[thread overview]

Also sprach Dariusz Linda:
> Hi!
> I just downloaded the GNAT GPL Edition from libre.adacore.com.
> It installed flawlessly, but the GPS won't start. Instead, it pops up
> a window
> which states: ...GPS is in an inconsistent state...
> Also, GNATbench for eclipse crashes it.
>
> My config is Athlon 64, Win XP Pro (32-bit) + SP3. I've got Cygwin
> installed, if that matters.
> If anyone had managed to overcome this problem, please help.
>
> regards
> D.L.

Ah, so I'm not the only one. However, this is a Window XP x64 SP2
system. It is also distinguished by having neither Windows, Program
Files nor User Directories in it's standard location (i. e. C:\...) and
having 8.3 name creation disabled. Any of that on your system? Any other
nonstandard modifications which I may have forgotten?
Also, logfile of gps can be found here: http://pastebin.com/f73fad9f8
Now where's that debug build when you need it?

In unrelated news, the Ada.NET setup refuses to install, claiming I
don't have the SDK installed. It's lying.

Ciao,
    Christian