From: David Gressett <gressett@iglobal.net>
Subject: Newbie question about interface to C
Date: 2000/05/30
Date: 2000-05-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I need to call C routines which  are prototyped like these examples:

shapelessblob *somefunction(char *s);  /* creates a shaplessblob */

int otherfunction(shapelessblob *b);  /* uses a shaplessblob */

where shaplessblob is a pointer to a structure  that is created by
somefunction. The calling Ada code will never look at the insides of a
shapelessblob; It will only pass it to a C routine.

How do I import such a pointer as an Ada access type?

The  Ada LRM that comes with gnat3.12p is not very helpful. (it is,
after all, a RM, not a tutorial.) The Cohen book has only a single
trivial example of a C interface.