From: "stephane richard" <stephane.richard@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: SourceForge GWindows project
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:23:08 GMT
Date: 2004-10-18T22:23:08+00:00	[thread overview]

"Stephen Leake" <stephen_leake@acm.org> wrote in message >
> We need to hear from the other GWindows developers;
>
> 1) Keep it Win32 only

*** I'd like to atleast start with windows for more than one reason. Yes,
I'm running windows so i'd like to see it on windows :-).  I also think that
there's a big windows user base that might be waiting for just that kind of
binding to exist.  To me, being I'm on windows, other platforms are
secondary, but with the growth of the linux popularity, I think it's
starting to become a platform that cannot be neglected.

> 2) multi-platform is fine

***  I would consider multi platform fine as far as it's concidered in the
development effort (as in keep low level access in seperate packages so it's
easy to switch from one platform to the other) but to me anyways it's not
really a must per se, definitaly not at the start.

> 3) Here's a good name ...

For a good name, well if we already know that it will be for windows,
gtkada, macOS then any name would do.  GWindows is how I know GWindows by
but indeed it can change.  GUI-Windows as in "The Graphical User Interface
for _________________ <-- Insert Operating System here.).  GUI - PlaformName
??