From: Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT on Raspberry Pi?
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 21:22:45 -0400
Date: 2017-10-19T21:22:45-04:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 13:13:22 -0700 (PDT), mockturtle
<framefritti@gmail.com> declaimed the following:

>Dear all,
>I just got a Raspberry Pi 3.  It works nicely and I wanted to install GNAT tools.  I went to the libreada site, selected the ARM binary, downloaded it and installed it, but in the end I get a
>
>  Bad exec format
>
>Calling "file" on gps_exe it says that gps_exe is for 80386, not for ARM, despite the fact that the name of the archive is
>
>   gnat-gpl-2017-arm-...
>
>so, I guess, it should be for ARM.  I also tried the 2016 Raspberry 2 specific version  (there is not the 2017 release) and also the 2015 one, but still file says that the files are for 80386.  Now I am trying with the 2015 release for ARM-linux, but I have little hope...

	I suspect those builds are /cross-compiler/ toolchains, not native,
since the description says "hosted on ...".

	For the RPi-3, I'd suggest seeing if the GCC build is available in apt
repositories (if you have the graphical environment running, "add/remove
programs", search for GNAT)