From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Keyword "null" Question
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 02:54:04 GMT
Date: 2003-01-18T02:54:04+00:00	[thread overview]

Is "SOME_EVENT_TOOK_PLACE" a function?  If so this is one way of discarding
the result.

If "SOME_EVENT_TOOK_PLACE" is a variable this may have been a trick to keep
the compiler from complaining about an unused variable or an optimizer
removing the variable altogether.

If you have the original development environment available you might just
try compiling with the code commented out.  The result may give you your
answer.

Steve
(The Duck)