From: "chris.danx" <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: [ot] making stuff
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:53:46 +0100
Date: 2002-07-13T22:53:46+01:00	[thread overview]

hi,

is it possible to generate makefiles that will work on both unix/linux and
windows?  I wouldn't normally ask, but XML/Ada has to have separate files
for building on windows and unices and this has confused me.  Why can't you
just have 1 makefile file for both targets?  Is it some XML/Ada specific
issue or is there some other reason?

I want to write makefiles for Aqua, but have only one set of makefiles for
both Unices and Windows but the issue with XML/Ada stuck in my mind.

is it something to do with naming differences in gnat?

Chris

p.s. there's no problem with Unicen vs Windows line terminators since Emacs
and ConTEXT support both.