From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [ANN] ada-autoit updated to work with AUtoIt v3.2.12
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:53:01 -0700
Date: 2008-10-22T18:53:01-07:00	[thread overview]

"Per Sandberg" <per.sandberg@bredband.net> wrote in message
news:3hsLk.20974$he4.20381@newsfe27.ams2...
> ada-autoit is a medium thick Ada-binding to the scripting tool Auto It.
>
> Note this tool is very win32 specific.
>
> For more info see:
>  http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml
> and:
>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ada-autoit/

I recently tried using autoit and found it interesting.  Unfortunately it
wasn't able to do everything I wanted to do with out a lot of extra work, or
at least learning a new programming language (the special dialect of basic
used by autoit).  I did a little research to see if there was an easier way
and found the Microsoft UI Automation Library.

For my app I wound up using the c# and the.net framework which contains an
automation framework (system.windows.automation).  If I were developing the
same app in Ada I would either use A# or create a binding to the Microsoft
UI Automation Library using GnatCOM.

Regards,
Steve