From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Naming conventions : where does the capital letter come frome ?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 01:03:02 -0500
Date: 2008-09-27T01:03:02-05:00	[thread overview]

"Hibou57 (Yannick Duch�ne)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
news:40018f14-ff25-4701-8b5b-52c512e5fc99@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
> Hello and Bonsoir,
>
> I was wondering why the most used Ada naming convention use capital
> letters with underscores.... further more, why capital letters while
> there are underscores to help to discern identifier parts ?

Just speculating, but I think the names of entities are (logically) proper
names. And you write proper names with a capital letter. After all, I write
my name Randy Brukardt, not randy brukardt. The underscore just replaces the
space, it doesn't change the way you'd capitalize the name.

So, similarly, I'd write

    package Claw is
        type Root_Window_Type is ...

not