* Large Hadron Collider - software?
@ 2008-09-11  1:37 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 2008-09-11  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Anyone familiar enough with the CERN collider (which has been in the
news recently) to say something about the control software? Any Ada there?

Mike Feldman

* Re: Large Hadron Collider - software?
@ 2008-09-11  2:07 ` Jeffrey R. Carter
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2008-09-11  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Feldman wrote:

> Anyone familiar enough with the CERN collider (which has been in the
> news recently) to say something about the control software? Any Ada there?

You can browse a lot of code at CERN's web site. The files all seem to end in .cpp.

--
Jeff Carter
"You cheesy lot of second-hand electric donkey-bottom biters."

* Re: Large Hadron Collider - software?
@ 2008-09-11  8:51 ` Peter.Hermann
From: Peter.Hermann @ 2008-09-11  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Feldman <mfeldman@gwu.edu> wrote:
> Anyone familiar enough with the CERN collider (which has been in the
> news recently) to say something about the control software? Any Ada there?

http://aliceinfo.cern.ch/static/www_on_afs/Documents/Internal_Notes/1998/02/INT-98-02.ps
there must be more, I guess

* Re: Large Hadron Collider - software?
@ 2008-09-13 21:09 ` Maciej Sobczak
From: Maciej Sobczak @ 2008-09-13 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11 Wrz, 03:37, Michael Feldman <mfeld...@gwu.edu> wrote:

> Anyone familiar enough with the CERN collider (which has been in the
> news recently) to say something about the control software? Any Ada there?

Not at all.

The control software for LHC was written in C++ (for front-end server
machines and some middle-tier servers) and Java (for most middle-tier
servers, data concentrators and all operator consoles and displays).

There is also some niche of LabView and PVSS - I think they can count
separately.

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.msobczak.com * www.inspirel.com

Database Access Library for Ada: www.inspirel.com/soci-ada

* Re: Large Hadron Collider - software?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-09-15  9:34 ` Colin Paul Gloster
From: Colin Paul Gloster @ 2008-09-15  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, Michael Fieldman wrote:

|"Hello,                                                                  |
|Anyone familiar enough with the CERN collider (which has been in the news|
|recently) to say something about the control software? Any Ada there?"   |

Ask Warner Bruns.