From: Markus E L <development-2006-8ecbb5cc8aREMOVETHIS@ANDTHATm-e-leypold.de>
Subject: Re: Compiling Ada from another directory
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:01:00 +0200
Date: 2007-09-13T17:01:00+02:00	[thread overview]

rotinom wrote:

> On Sep 12, 7:02 pm, a...@anon.org (anon) wrote:
>> #
>> # The "bind" and "link" functions do not require command line options
>> #
>> gcc -c -o _build/Bottles.o src/Bottles.adb
>> gnatbind _build/Bottles.ali
>> gnatlink _build/Bottles.ali
>>

> I played with the project files yesterday, and they do what I want,
> however I would then have to maintain them, and they

I'm not sure I understand your problem: I think you want to keep the
source at some other place than the objects? Then you can build in the
object directory and use -I to pull in (various) source trees, e.g:

  cd $OBJECTDIR

  gnatmake -I$PLATFORM_SOURCES -I$LIBRARY_SOURCES -IPROGRAM_SOURCES $PROGRAM

In this case you wouldn't have to maintain project files. And all
object an temporary files are build in the current directory.

Regards -- Markus