* Ada on the VAX?
@ 2002-01-09 15:24 John Herro
From: John Herro @ 2002-01-09 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just received an E-mail (in Italian) asking if there's a handbook
explaining how to use Ada on a VAX platform.
     The instructions to my AdaTutor program explain how to install
the *tutor* on a VAX, but I don't know how one buys and installs an
Ada compiler itself on a VAX.  (I presume DEC Ada 83 is still
available?)
     Can somebody please help me help him?
     (The address from which this message is posted is a spam trap.
My real address is john at adatutor dot com.)
     Thanks!
- John Herro, www.adatutor.com
Salve!Esiste un manuale che spiega come utilizzare un compilatore ADA
su piattaforma VAX?
E' possibile avere un riferimento?
Distinti saluti e buon lavoro.

* Re: Ada on the VAX?
@ 2002-01-09 18:23 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2002-01-09 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <78e20dba.0201090724.74a44a7f@posting.google.com>, john@prousa.net (John Herro) writes:
> I just received an E-mail (in Italian) asking if there's a handbook
> explaining how to use Ada on a VAX platform.
>      The instructions to my AdaTutor program explain how to install
> the *tutor* on a VAX, but I don't know how one buys and installs an
> Ada compiler itself on a VAX.  (I presume DEC Ada 83 is still
> available?)

The documentation for Compaq Ada (nee DEC Ada (nee VAX Ada)) is the
same for either VAX or Alpha.  It is available in PDF form at:

	http://www.openvms.compaq.com/commercial/ada/documentation.html

For software and licensing information, see:

	http://www.openvms.compaq.com/wizard/openvms_faq.html#VMS9