From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Ada communicating with other programs
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:29:00 GMT
Date: 2001-11-20T20:29:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <slrn9vlcof.f6.randhol+abuse@kiuk0156.chembio.ntnu.no>, Preben
Randhol says...

>On 20 Nov 2001 10:51:00 -0600, Larry Kilgallen wrote:
>>> Why not use the regex capabilities of GNAT?
>>
>> Perhaps because he said he wanted to do it in Ada.
>It isn't written in Ada now?

My understanding was that it uses some assumptions about the internal structure
of Ada.Strings.Unbounded.Unbounded_String that may or may not be true for other
compilers, and for that reason it isn't portable. Its perhaps a bit of a stretch
to go from that to "isn't written in Ada", but it was pretty clearly at least a
half-joking comment.

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.