From: anders@legolas.gidenstam.org (Anders Gidenstam)
Subject: Re: GNAT on SPARC
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:08:00 +0200
Date: 2002-07-06T11:08:20+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3D256669.71819371@space.se>,
	Arne Carlsson <arne.carlsson@space.se> writes:
> Hello,
>
> I am working with GNAT (in fact GNAT-ORK) for an embedded SPARC sytem
> (ERC32 processor).
>
> I want to use in-line assembler in the Ada code. My question is: are
> there any SPARC registers I can use without risk for conflict with
> GNAT-use of registers?
>
> I have tried to find documentation about this item with no result.

Read the GNAT inline assembler tutorial at adapower.com,
http://www.adapower.com/articles/gnatasm/ and the GNAT reference
manual.
The tutorial targets x86 but the inline mechanisms are the same, in
particular look at the 'Clobber' argument to Asm.

Best Regards,

Anders Gidenstam
--
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people
will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.