From: Michael Feldman <mfeldman@gwu.edu>
Subject: Re: NASA Phoenix?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 00:44:59 -0700
Date: 2008-05-27T00:44:59-07:00	[thread overview]
Martin wrote:
> On 26 May, 18:55, Michael Feldman <mfeld...@gwu.edu> wrote:
>> Any Ada in that project? If you work on, or close to, that project and
>> can say Yes or No, please reply here, or privately to mfeld...@gwu.edu.
>>
>> Mike Feldman
>
> Why privately??? I'm sure there are loads of us that would be
> interested! :-)

I agree it would be really interesting to have a discussion about it here.

OTOH, in making up my project list, I've received a lot of private tips
from people who didn't mind having it known that project XYZ was using
Ada, but who didn't want to be identified as the one who publicized it.

Bureaucracies are funny that way -- people often have to get permission
to speak or write publicly. So instead of going through the hassle, they
"leak" it to me, and I put it in the list without their fingerprints on
it. You'd be surprised at the number of items in that list that came to
me in this manner.

Sheesh, I feel like a *&^% investigative journalist. I'm just a retired
CS professor but sometimes I feel like Bob Woodward. (I wish I got paid
like he does...) As it says in the web page, I respect the
confidentiality of my sources.

It's getting near the end of May, and I'm getting ready to put out a
June edition, probably on June 2 or 3.

http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/ada-project-summary.html

Anyone have anything to add this week?

Mike Feldman