* "Who's Using Ada" - May edition is online
@ 2008-05-01 18:11 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 2008-05-01 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

"Who's Using Ada: Real-World Projects Powered by the Ada Programming Language"
http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/ada-project-summary.html

I've just put up the May edition of the Ada project catalog. Thank you all very much for the numerous additions and corrections. The list of defense-related projects is significantly longer than before, but other categories are also growing as people send me tips. I'm glad to see growth in the desktop apps group; I suspect there are more of those I haven't learned of yet.

I've decided to leave the previous editions online for comparison purposes. The basic link above will always point to the most recent; I've identified the older ones by adding a year and month to the file name. For example, April 2008 is
http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/ada-project-summary-0804.html

I'm still checking out some tips and possible links; they'll appear in the June edition.

Have a good May; see you again in June.

Mike Feldman

* Re: "Who's Using Ada" - May edition is online
@ 2008-05-01 21:53 ` Sebastien Morand
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Sebastien Morand @ 2008-05-01 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Feldman a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> "Who's Using Ada: Real-World Projects Powered by the Ada Programming Language"
> http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/ada-project-summary.html
>
> I've just put up the May edition of the Ada project catalog. Thank you all very much for the numerous additions and corrections. The list of defense-related projects is significantly longer than before, but other categories are also growing as people send me tips. I'm glad to see growth in the desktop apps group; I suspect there are more of those I haven't learned of yet.
>
> I've decided to leave the previous editions online for comparison purposes. The basic link above will always point to the most recent; I've identified the older ones by adding a year and month to the file name. For example, April 2008 is
> http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/ada-project-summary-0804.html
>
> I'm still checking out some tips and possible links; they'll appear in the June edition.
>
> Have a good May; see you again in June.
>
> Mike Feldman

Hi,

I want to take profit of this thread to know why there are so few standards
projects. I mean most of them are for critical system, but to implement
anything, Ada could be used, so is it a lack of publicity? Ada as some big
advantages that could be used in all kind of industry, and not only in real time
or critical system? More toher, it looks like aws is a real good alternative to
java for web application, isn't it?

* Re: "Who's Using Ada" - May edition is online
@ 2008-05-09 19:45 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 2008-05-09 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

RE: May edition of

 > "Who's Using Ada: Real-World Projects Powered by the Ada Programming
Language"
 > http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/ada-project-summary.html

I just published a corrected version of this document, including a few
listings I forgot to add to the original on May 1. One is an interesting
info system, Singo Solutions Messaging on Demand (see Info Systems
section).

Mike

* Re: "Who's Using Ada" - May edition is online
@ 2008-05-10 15:14 ` michael bode
From: michael bode @ 2008-05-10 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Feldman schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> "Who's Using Ada: Real-World Projects Powered by the Ada Programming Language"
> http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/ada-project-summary.html

Is this a US-only website?

mb@titan:~$ host www.seas.gwu.edu

* Re: "Who's Using Ada" - May edition is online
@ 2008-05-10 23:53   ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 2008-05-10 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

michael bode wrote:
> Michael Feldman schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> "Who's Using Ada: Real-World Projects Powered by the Ada Programming
>> Language"
>> http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/ada-project-summary.html
>
> Is this a US-only website?
>
> mb@titan:~$ host www.seas.gwu.edu

No, normally it's available worldwide. It's a university webserver that
doesn't block anyone, as far as I know. I think earlier today something
in the university network was down for maintenance - I couldn't reach
another site there but it's open now. Try it again from Europe and let
us know, please.

Mike

* Re: "Who's Using Ada" - May edition is online
@ 2008-05-11 19:29     ` michael bode
From: michael bode @ 2008-05-11 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Feldman schrieb:

> No, normally it's available worldwide. It's a university webserver that
> doesn't block anyone, as far as I know. I think earlier today something
> in the university network was down for maintenance - I couldn't reach
> another site there but it's open now. Try it again from Europe and let
> us know, please.

Yepp, works now.

* Re: "Who's Using Ada" - May edition is online
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-05-14 21:11 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 2008-05-14 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Feldman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> "Who's Using Ada: Real-World Projects Powered by the Ada Programming Language"
> http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/ada-project-summary.html
>
> I've just put up the May edition of the Ada project catalog. Thank you all very much for the numerous additions and corrections. The list of defense-related projects is significantly longer than before, but other categories are also growing as people send me tips. I'm glad to see growth in the desktop apps group; I suspect there are more of those I haven't learned of yet.
>
> I've decided to leave the previous editions online for comparison purposes. The basic link above will always point to the most recent; I've identified the older ones by adding a year and month to the file name. For example, April 2008 is
> http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~mfeldman/ada-project-summary-0804.html
>
> I'm still checking out some tips and possible links; they'll appear in the June edition.
>
> Have a good May; see you again in June.
>
> Mike Feldman
Just a test, please ignore.

MBF