From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: AdaHome - A Persistent Problem
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 14:19:28 -0500
Date: 2008-04-01T14:19:28-05:00	[thread overview]

<adaworks@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:hDsIj.36771$J41.10422@newssvr14.news.prodigy.net...
> The recent article by Mr. Bill in the Circuit Cellar included a reference
> to www.AdaHome.com.  This is an effectively dead site and it seems
> that no one is able to get rid of it.  Consequently, people are misled
> into going there instead of to one of the sites that is kept current. Does
> anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?   Has Magnus, the
> original author, vanished or is he simply angry about something
> regarding Ada to the point that he is using this as some kind of
> revenge?

I believe it is the latter. He's rebuffed multiple attempts to take over or
even purchase the site from him. And he obviously is paying money to keep
the site up in its current form (probably not a lot, but surely more than
nothing). He rarely even responds to messages from Ada people.

People have been complaining about this for ten years, but it doesn't appear
that we can do anything other than to encourage people to remove as many
AdaHome links as possible from their web sites (so that its search engine
position drops). For one example, link to the real home of the Lovelace
tutorial, not the (old) copy on AdaHome.

                                      Randy.