* SlashDot reviews the SPARK book
@ 2004-05-19 20:32 Rod Chapman
From: Rod Chapman @ 2004-05-19 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

...subject line says it all.  This is actually Jack
Ganssle's review of the book, which was noted on c.l.a
back in December.  Still...no such thing as bad publicity! :-)
 All the best,
   Rod, SPARK Team

* Re: SlashDot reviews the SPARK book
@ 2004-05-19 20:39 ` Mark Lorenzen
From: Mark Lorenzen @ 2004-05-19 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

rod.chapman@praxis-cs.co.uk (Rod Chapman) writes:

> ...subject line says it all.  This is actually Jack
> Ganssle's review of the book, which was noted on c.l.a
> back in December.  Still...no such thing as bad publicity! :-)
>  All the best,
>    Rod, SPARK Team

My previous posting apparently crossed yours. And yes, there probably
is no such thing as bad publicity, but it is frustrating to read the
comments on the /. message board.

- Mark Lorenzen

* Re: SlashDot reviews the SPARK book
@ 2004-05-19 22:48 ` Jeff C,
From: Jeff C, @ 2004-05-19 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Rod Chapman" <rod.chapman@praxis-cs.co.uk> wrote in message
> ...subject line says it all.  This is actually Jack
> Ganssle's review of the book, which was noted on c.l.a
> back in December.  Still...no such thing as bad publicity! :-)
>  All the best,
>    Rod, SPARK Team

Woo hoo...and I had moderator points too... +1 to all pro Ada comments :)

* Re: SlashDot reviews the SPARK book
@ 2004-05-20 18:08   ` Mike Silva
From: Mike Silva @ 2004-05-20 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Lorenzen <mark.lorenzen@ofir.dk> wrote in message news:<m3wu38dud7.fsf@niflheim.malonet>...
> rod.chapman@praxis-cs.co.uk (Rod Chapman) writes:
>
> > ...subject line says it all.  This is actually Jack
> > Ganssle's review of the book, which was noted on c.l.a
> > back in December.  Still...no such thing as bad publicity! :-)
> >  All the best,
> >    Rod, SPARK Team
>
> My previous posting apparently crossed yours. And yes, there probably
> is no such thing as bad publicity, but it is frustrating to read the
> comments on the /. message board.

Yeah, so many like this one: "Now, is there a language to ensure that
your boss asks you to program the right thing?"

Funny thing is, none of these people actually live their lives that
way -- deciding that no precautions or advantages are worthwhile,
since no precaution or advantage can cover every possible situation.

Mike

* Re: SlashDot reviews the SPARK book
@ 2004-05-21 15:47     ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2004-05-21 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2004-05-20, Mike Silva <snarflemike@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mark Lorenzen <mark.lorenzen@ofir.dk> wrote in message news:<m3wu38dud7.fsf@niflheim.malonet>...
>> rod.chapman@praxis-cs.co.uk (Rod Chapman) writes:
>>
>> > ...subject line says it all.  This is actually Jack
>> > Ganssle's review of the book, which was noted on c.l.a
>> > back in December.  Still...no such thing as bad publicity! :-)
>> >  All the best,
>> >    Rod, SPARK Team
>>
>> My previous posting apparently crossed yours. And yes, there probably
>> is no such thing as bad publicity, but it is frustrating to read the
>> comments on the /. message board.
>
> Yeah, so many like this one: "Now, is there a language to ensure that
> your boss asks you to program the right thing?"
>
> Funny thing is, none of these people actually live their lives that
> way -- deciding that no precautions or advantages are worthwhile,
> since no precaution or advantage can cover every possible situation.

Remember that many of them are teenagers and many are die hard C nut
heads.

--
Preben Randhol -------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/

()  "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"
/\                                   - Isaac Asimov

* Re: SlashDot reviews the SPARK book
@ 2004-06-02 23:49     ` Craig Carey
From: Craig Carey @ 2004-06-02 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20 May 2004 11:08:34 -0700, snarflemike@yahoo.com (Mike Silva) wrote:

>Mark Lorenzen <mark.lorenzen@ofir.dk> wrote in message news:<m3wu38dud7.fsf@niflheim.malonet>...
>> rod.chapman@praxis-cs.co.uk (Rod Chapman) writes:
>> > back in December.  Still...no such thing as bad publicity! :-) [...]
>> >    Rod, SPARK Team
>> is no such thing as bad publicity, but it is frustrating to read the
>> comments on the /. message board.
>Funny thing is, none of these people actually live their lives that
>way -- deciding that no precautions or advantages are worthwhile,
>since no precaution or advantage can cover every possible situation.

SPARK might follow a value for money check. A slashdot posting said that
given that only a small fraction of what it found was a real problem,
SPARK was just required by the contract.

The full entuirely of the comment would be rejected since the man was
a Slashdot 'Anonymous Coward'

Such posters are not given unique numbers by their website's software.

Obviously the anonymous posters could be assigned a unique anonymizing
number that is changed now and then. Though seemingly an extremely
urgent need for Slashdot, no such feature exists. Such would occur if
posting was an expression of a constitional right to a free press and a
right to speech.

Maybe some Ada programmer would send in a bug report.

Craig Carey