From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Limited initialization for non-limited types
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:53:27 -0500
Date: 2008-03-28T16:53:27-05:00	[thread overview]

"Eric Hughes" <eric.eh9@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:8ce4085b-08c9-4f3b-9909-3a68b8832194@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
> On Mar 28, 12:56 am, "Randy Brukardt" <ra...@rrsoftware.com> wrote:
> > I still think that your entire approach is wrong. I'd probably either
try
> > something using a mixin generic, or more likely simply with a bit
debugging
> > code built into the base class.
>
> I looked at initialization first because it's more widely applicable
> outside of my immediate need, for which I think type discriminants may
> work.  A discriminant whose access_definition is a handle to ordinary
> record seems to allow most everything I can think I need soon.

Yes. The other thing I was thinking was that you might be better served by
wrapping your trace object access in a (second) controlled object. That way,
you can use the trace object's Initialize to do your needed setup before the
call of the outer object's Initialize. You'd probably need an access
discriminant somewhere to provide access to the parent object.

                            Randy.