From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Ada The Best Language?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:10:35 GMT
Date: 2001-07-18T17:10:35+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <mailman.995475143.28977.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>, ANH_VO@udlp.com
says...

>Codesavvy, for a start, can a linked list be implemented in C++ without pointer?

I'm sorry to answer for the troll you're chasing after, but the answer to that
depends on what you consider a pointer. You can certianly make array-based
objects in C without using dynamic allocation. However, every array in C is
basicly a chunk of memory and a pointer with a preset "[]" operation for
performing pointer math on it. In that sense, you can't even have an array in C
without using a pointer.

---