From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: pragma Pack vs. Convention C, portability issue?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:17:42 -0600
Date: 2008-01-11T13:17:42-06:00	[thread overview]

"Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com> wrote in message
news:fm6qhc$v2o$1@jacob-sparre.dk...
> "Robert A Duff" <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com> wrote in message
> > Are there any Ada implementations that don't support the SP annex?
>
> Yes.
>
> But we do support most of the representation IA. (But *not* the packing
IA).

For those of you whom are tired of seeing me post the same message a zillion
times, I think I've figured out what the problem is (or might be, anyway).
It appears that the messages are getting sent to the server successfully,
but the connection is timing out before the reply come back. Of course, the
newsreader takes that as a failure and retries sending the message. It's a
similar problem as one I've recently debugged with sending e-mail to some
places in Europe -- the propagation delay can be very long and thus the
timeout needs to be extra long. I'm experimentally setting the timeout to 3
*minutes* to see if that will help; I hope it does.

                                     Randy.