From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Ada 95 constructors on limited types
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:58:20 -0600
Date: 2008-01-07T19:58:20-06:00	[thread overview]

"Robert A Duff" <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com> wrote in message
news:wccy7b4xqro.fsf@shell01.TheWorld.com...
> But anyway, the purity issue applies to access types
> whether they are public or not.  I agree that it's
> good to make things Pure when possible.
>
> Note that the rule was relaxed in Ada 2005 -- you can say:
>
>     type T is access Blah;
>     for T'Storage_Size use 0;
>
> and still have pragma Pure.  You can also have access-to-constant
> and access-to-subprogram types.

Ummm, that isn't very useful (that's a type for which there never can be an
object!). I think you meant:

     type T is access all Blah;
     for T'Storage_Size use 0;

...which can be useful. But note that that the point of setting the storage
size to 0 is to make allocators illegal - which greatly restricts what you
can do. Better to avoid the access type altogether.

                                      Randy.