From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: prefixed view
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:36:43 -0600
Date: 2007-12-06T17:36:43-06:00	[thread overview]

"Maxim Reznik" <reznikmm@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:8727544b-2f4f-4817-bb2e-20d4d104ae5d@w34g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> ARM 4.1.3 (9.2/2): The selected_component denotes a view of this
> subprogram that omits the first formal parameter. This view is called
> a prefixed view of the subprogram...
>
> Can I rename this view as new subprogram or use it as an actual
> parameter in instantiation?
> If NOT, why?

Yes, you can rename a prefixed view and use it as an actual. Indeed, I
recently wrote an ACATS test to check this (it will be part of the upcoming
ACATS 3.0). You can't use a prefixed view in places where the calling
convention has to match (such as the prefix of 'Access) because it is
considered intrinsic.

Existing compilers didn't do very well with the ACATS test, so I wouldn't
expect this to work with the compiler you have. But it probably will in the
future releases, because *everyone* runs the ACATS, so no one will fail to
be aware of the requirement.

                              Randy.