From: "Ken Garlington" <Ken.Garlington@computer.org>
Subject: Re: Here we go again...
Date: 2000/11/10
Date: 2000-11-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

You can also leave feedback via the Addison Wesley Longman web site at

http://www.awl.com

Do a catalog search using the information below, then select the book and
use the "book feedback" link.

Engineering of Software, The: A Technical Guide for the Individual
Dick Hamlet, Portland State University
Joe Maybee, Xerox

Copyright 2001, 416 pp.
Cloth format
ISBN 0-201-70103-0

"Lao Xiao Hai" <laoxhai@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
: Concering Dale's message, below,  if anyone knows the authors or can
: find
: their email addresses, we should try to update them on the current
: status
: of the language.  The ignorance expressed in their work is not so
: unusual for
: this kind of book.  I recently tracked down another author, who I will
: not
: name, and received a thanks for being brought up-to-date.   Most authors
:
: do not want to publish incorrect information, it seems.
:
: Richard Riehle
:
: dale wrote:
:
: > From
: >    The Engineering of Software
: >    Hamlet & Maybee, Addison Wesley, -2001-!
: >
: >    "Ada is Pascal based, but it is a complex language
: >     designed by committee for the military, and that's
: >     at least three strikes against it."
: >
: > Also says that Ada is still mandated for use by the U.S.
: > Dept. of Defense, and that it is not well supported on
: > P.C.s
: >
: > Sigh.
: >