From: "Jeff C," <nolongersafeto@userealemailsniff.com>
Subject: Re: Kernel Mods with Ada?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:18:03 GMT
Date: 2003-09-24T01:18:03+00:00	[thread overview]

"Freejack" <user@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:pan.2003.09.23.19.48.57.187065.909@nospam.net...
> Has anyone undertaken the task of creating a Linux Kernel module in Ada?
>
> I was just curious. It seems like a nifty experiment, if only for the
> educational experience itself.

I did a quick test to see if I could create a hello world (via printk
binding) and was able to do it at
some point..

Another neat thing to look at is
http://bernia.disca.upv.es/rtportal/apps/rtl-gnat/
which is a port of GNAT to run under RTLinux.

The Ada programs get loaded as RtLinux Kernel modules. Won't work on vanilla
Linux but still pretty cool.