* Hows gnoga.com?  I notice ti won't load on windows!! whats up with that?
@ 2019-02-15 13:50 Rabican
From: Rabican @ 2019-02-15 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

works fine on chrome on icewm on arhclinux at home or on chrome on freebsd also on icewm dektop

windows are being like censorship heere

tried in chrome and edge

let me try now in firefox

* Re: Hows gnoga.com?  I notice ti won't load on windows!! whats up with that?
@ 2019-02-20 23:10 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2019-02-20 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 6:50:27 AM UTC-7, Rabican wrote:
> works fine on chrome on icewm on arhclinux at home or on chrome on freebsd also on icewm dektop
>

> windows are being like censorship heere
> tried in chrome and edge
> let me try now in firefox

Confirmed for PaleMoon and Edge on Windows.

* Re: Hows gnoga.com?  I notice ti won't load on windows!! whats up with that?
@ 2019-02-21  3:05 ` julian.fondren
From: julian.fondren @ 2019-02-21  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 7:50:27 AM UTC-6, Rabican wrote:
> works fine on chrome on icewm on arhclinux at home or on chrome on freebsd also on icewm dektop

"Works on one machine, but not on the other."
"Works at home, but not at the office."

When you hear such phrases, blame DNS.

How do we get to gnoga.com? First, we need to know who we can even ask.

  $ whois gnoga.com
  Name Server: ns3.gnavi.org
  Name Server: ns5.gnavi.org

Let's start by asking these fellows.

  $ dig gnoga.com @ns5.gnavi.org
  ;; ANSWER SECTION:
  gnoga.com.              86400   IN      A       50.192.131.236
  ;; Query time: 73 msec

That one answered promptly.

  $ dig gnoga.com @ns3.gnavi.org

That one did not.

This is already sufficient for you to load the site on one computer
and fail to load it on another. Scenario:

  1. Windows asks ns3.gnavi.org
  2. Windows gets a timeout.
  3. Windows caches this negative result so that it won't pester DNS
     servers about this hostname.

However if you run those commands, you might notice that ns3.gnavi.org
shares an IP with gnoga.org. The webserver is also one of its nameservers.

And it doesn't look happy:

  $ curl -H "Host: gnoga.org" http://50.192.131.236/
  <title>Unsupported database type</title>

If you managed to load the site at all, after noticing the failure on Windows,
probably what happened is that DNS went first and MySQL followed it sometime
later.

> windows are being like censorship heere

This is probably not the case.