* Siemens Switzerland Selects AdaCore Toolset for Railway Project
@ 2011-07-05 17:54 Gautier write-only
From: Gautier write-only @ 2011-07-05 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good news for GNAT and Ada 2005+,...
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110630005048/en/Siemens-Switzerland-Selects-AdaCore-Toolset-Railway-Project
Gautier's Ada programming -- http://gautiersblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Ada
NB: follow the above link for a valid e-mail address

* Re: Siemens Switzerland Selects AdaCore Toolset for Railway Project
@ 2011-07-09  2:07 ` Robert Love
From: Robert Love @ 2011-07-09  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2011-07-05 12:54:28 -0500, Gautier write-only said:

> Good news for GNAT and Ada 2005+,...
> http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110630005048/en/Siemens-Switzerland-Selects-AdaCore-Toolset-Railway-Project

Ah, if only American industry was this wise....

* Re: Siemens Switzerland Selects AdaCore Toolset for Railway Project
@ 2011-07-09  8:25   ` Nasser M. Abbasi
From: Nasser M. Abbasi @ 2011-07-09  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/8/2011 7:07 PM, Robert Love wrote:
> On 2011-07-05 12:54:28 -0500, Gautier write-only said:
>
>> Good news for GNAT and Ada 2005+,...
>> http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110630005048/en/Siemens-Switzerland-Selects-AdaCore-Toolset-Railway-Project
>>

> Ah, if only American industry was this wise....

You mean wise as in choosing to build more trains to improve
public transportation, make the air more clean and reduce
our oil consumption or wise as in choosing Ada for software?

--Nasser

* Re: Siemens Switzerland Selects AdaCore Toolset for Railway Project
@ 2011-07-09 12:30     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2011-07-09 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> writes:
> On 7/8/2011 7:07 PM, Robert Love wrote:
>> On 2011-07-05 12:54:28 -0500, Gautier write-only said:
>>> Good news for GNAT and Ada 2005+,...
>>> http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110630005048/en/Siemens-Switzerland-Selects-AdaCore-Toolset-Railway-Project
>
>> Ah, if only American industry was this wise....
>
> You mean wise as in choosing to build more trains to improve public
> transportation, make the air more clean and reduce our oil consumption
> or wise as in choosing Ada for software?

Wise as in choosing Ada, because they have no say in whether or not to
build trains; that latter decision belongs to governments.  And
governments are indeed wise to build electric trains.  They are however
unwise to neglect freight trains and only build passenger trains,
especially in France.  Switzerland is the example to follow.

--
Ludovic Brenta.
A centralized, effective, escalation motivates the thought leader,