From: johannes falcone <visphatesjava@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: aws, gnoga or raw html?
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 18:44:38 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2015-02-05T18:44:38-08:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 5:23:39 PM UTC-5, David Botton wrote:
> AWS would just be another web server. You would server the same pages and you would use Ada instead of say PHP or Python.
>
> Gnoga is a completely different concept. You build an application as you would a desktop application accept it is running on the web. You could use Gnoga in the same way as AWS as well since it has a built in Web server, etc.
>
> I recently added (as in last night) to Gnoga the ability to auto fall back to http long polling and Ajax when Websockets are not available. What that means is that you won't have to worry about firewall issues, etc. and use a Gnoga application for "website" development is very reasonable.
>
> So to answer, if you plan on doing anything more than server static pages or occasional form submissions, Gnoga is probably the best option today (in any language) if you want anything interactive.
>
> David Botton

really?

awesome!

concurrency is good?  happstack lisp-coreserver and smalltalk, and swi prolog have solutions that include prevalyer.org style in memory with updae log on disk  database, eg an in ram store or with swi-prolog a save every 5min serialization scheme,

would gnoga use postgrresql ? or is there a ada version of www.prevayler.org for the db part?

or?

I am intrigued by the idea of gui  and then abstract away web desktop etc....but not sure how that works....

mojolicious and aoslerver rails and django are the typical lamp stack things, how does gnofa compare?

why would you prefer it to all those?

can ada keep development pace quick like those?

I am no progrmaming expert but want to learn to code websites....and gnoga seems a interesting option...

tell us more!

will there be a wikibook?

haskell for example has one to learn haskell....

I think  I have a copy of the craft of ada or some book from 2006 that was reccomened somewhere to me..