From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Gtk.Window refresh
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:36:21 +0100
Date: 2010-11-15T21:36:20+01:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:34:08 +0100, ldries46 wrote:

> I am using GTkAda to build a user interface, The TextView facility is used.
> Now I need to make a screen refresh because When I fill the textview element
> from a file I hasve to scrool my window up and down to see it.

Gtk_Text_View deploys MVC. When Gtk_Text_Buffer is modified, Gtk_Text_View
reflects the automatically changes. Similar happens when Gtk_Text_View out
in a Gtk_Scrolled_Window. The latter does all necessary actions upon
scrolling. If you feel that you need refresh, then you likely did something
wrong.

Otherwise there are lots of ways, e.g. disconnect the model and connect it
back. Emit "expose_event", "draw events" etc.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov