* A# and Mono
@ 2004-07-02  1:29 Jeff
From: Jeff @ 2004-07-02  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone tried A# with Mono?  From the information listed on A# site
http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/a_sharp.html, it would seem
that A# only worked with .Net on Windows.  But it may mean, the author
has only tested on Windows.

If A# worked on Mono without trouble, it should provide a nice cross
platform development environment for Ada.  This also should address
one of the biggest weaknesses with Ada development -- up to date
development frameworks.

* Re: A# and Mono
@ 2004-07-02 10:57 ` Brice Carpentier
From: Brice Carpentier @ 2004-07-02 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeff wrote:
> Has anyone tried A# with Mono?  From the information listed on A# site
> http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/a_sharp.html, it would seem
> that A# only worked with .Net on Windows.  But it may mean, the author
> has only tested on Windows.
>
> If A# worked on Mono without trouble, it should provide a nice cross
> platform development environment for Ada.  This also should address
> one of the biggest weaknesses with Ada development -- up to date
> development frameworks.
I contacted the develop, and it seems that this should be possible since
this is mostly written in C#, but he wasn't sure.

* Re: A# and Mono
@ 2004-07-02 11:12 ` Brice Carpentier
From: Brice Carpentier @ 2004-07-02 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeff wrote:
> Has anyone tried A# with Mono?  From the information listed on A# site
> http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/a_sharp.html, it would seem
> that A# only worked with .Net on Windows.  But it may mean, the author
> has only tested on Windows.
>
> If A# worked on Mono without trouble, it should provide a nice cross
> platform development environment for Ada.  This also should address
> one of the biggest weaknesses with Ada development -- up to date
> development frameworks.
I must add I also think having this project work on Mono could be
determinant in democratizing Ada.

--
Brice Carpentier aka Br|ce